Why Choose Hopper Window Installed in Your Home
This article covers hopper windows in detail and provides reasons why you should choose hopper windows installed in your home.
When it comes time to choose replacement windows for your home, it’s important to consider all of your options and make the best decision for your family. Many homeowners are choosing Hopper Windows because they provide many benefits that other window styles don’t offer. Here are a few things you need to know about hopper windows.
What is a Hopper Window?
A hopper window is a type of window that is hinged at the top and opens inward or downward. This type of window is often seen in basements but can be used in any room of the house. It is perfect for homes with small children or pets, as it can be opened easily to allow them to exit the home in the event of an emergency.
What is the Size of Hopper Window?
A hopper window comes in a variety of sizes to meet the needs of any home. A standard hopper window is approximately 20 inches wide and 24 inches high, but it can be made in any size to fit your specific needs. Most hopper windows are small, but they can be made as large as 48 inches wide and 72 inches high.
Comparison: Hopper VS. Awning Windows
The most notable feature between hopper and awning windows is that though both types are hinged at the top, hopper windows open inward or downward, while awning windows open outward.
· Hopper windows are often seen in basements, while awning windows are more common in bathrooms or kitchens.
· Hopper windows are also smaller than awning windows and typically cost less than awning windows.
Consideration for Window Installation in Your Home
Purpose of the window
Are you looking for a window that will provide ventilation, or are you looking for a window that can be used as an emergency exit? It is important to know the purpose of the window before having it installed, as this will help you choose the best size and type of window for your needs.
Size of the window
It is important to choose a size that is appropriate for the room in which it will be installed. For example, a large hopper window in a small bathroom might not be the best option, as it could make the room feel cramped.
Hopper windows are typically installed in basements, but they can be installed in any room of your home. Consider the location of the window and how it will be used before making a final decision.
Design of the window
Do you want a window that is plain and simple, or do you want a window with a more decorative design? Hopper windows are available in a variety of styles, so you can find one that fits the design of your home.
Why Hopper Window is Perfect for Your Home?
Now that you know more about hopper windows, here are some reasons why they might be the perfect choice for your home;
1. Hopper windows are perfect for rooms that need ventilation, such as kitchens and bathrooms. The window can be opened to allow fresh air into the room, without letting insects or other pests inside.
2. Hopper windows can be used as an emergency exit in the event of a fire or other emergency. The window can be opened easily to allow residents to escape the home quickly and safely.
3. Hopper windows are perfect for homes with limited space as they are small in size. This makes them ideal for homes with small children or pets since can be opened easily to allow them to exit the home in the event of an emergency.
4. Hopper windows are more affordable than other types of windows, such as awning windows. They are also available in a variety of sizes to meet the needs of any home.
What are the Drawbacks of Hopper Windows?
While hopper windows have many benefits, they also have a few drawbacks;
1. Hopper windows can be difficult to clean, as they are located high up on the wall.
2. Hopper windows can be drafty, so they might not be the best choice for homes in colder climates.
3. Hopper windows can be challenging to install, so it is important to hire a professional if you are considering this type of window.
How much does Hopper Window Cost?
The cost of hopper windows will vary depending on the size, material, and style of window you choose. For example, a basic hopper window made of vinyl or aluminum will typically cost less than a window with a more decorative hopper window made of wood. You should also consider the installation cost, which can vary depending on the size and type of window you choose. Although the cost of hopper windows is estimated between $50 to $ 150, which may also vary according to the store at which you buy it. Installation fees are charged separately. It is important to hire a professional to install your hopper windows to ensure they are installed correctly.
How to Open Hopper Window?
Opening a hopper window is easy; just pull the sash up and out of the window frame. You can then open the window like you would a door. To close the window, push the sash back into the window frame and secure it in place with the locks. It is important to make sure the locks are secure to prevent the window from opening accidentally.
Window installation is a big decision that should not be taken lightly. If you are considering installing a hopper window in your home, be sure to read the above information carefully. Consider the size, cost and location of the window before making a final decision. Hopper windows are a great option for homes with limited space and can provide ventilation and emergency exit in case of fire. Be sure to hire a professional to install your hopper windows to ensure they are installed correctly.